Making crafts is a great way to get children engaged in a topic. They can learn the significance of Remembrance Day while doing something fun in the process. At Whiz Kidz, we believe making activities fun is an effective way of learning!
You Will Need:
- paper or light cardboard
- red and black paint
- laminator (optional)
- Using the red paint, stamp your hand prints on some paper or card. You want somewhere between 12 and 20 handprints depending on your preference.
- Using the black paint, paint some circles in the centre of your red hand prints.
- Wait until fully dry then cut out the hands. It’s ok to have some white space around the hands. You don’t have to be too picky!
- If you have a laminator handy, you can laminate your hands but this step isn’t necessary.
- Arrange the hand prints into a wreath with the fingers pointing outwards.
- Glue them into place. Placing them on black circular cardboard can make your wreath look like one giant poppy! But again, this is personal preference so how you glue them together is up to you.
- Let the glue dry then hang you wreath up for display!