Our Education Principles
Early Start Kindergarten
As a parent of a 3 or 4 year-old, now is the time to consider your options for Kindergarten. We offer both 3 year old and 4 year old kinder programs run by Qualified Bachelor trained Kindergarten teachers. Our kindergarten program incorporates play-based learning to let your child discover, socialise and create while developing valuable cognitive, physical and social skills.
Why Early Start?
Early Start Kindergarten means your 3 year old can now access 5 hours per week of a kindergarten program before attending their 4 year old kinder program. Accessing high quality early childhood education for two years has a substantial and positive impact on a child’s cognitive, emotional, and social skills. Through play-based learning at kindergarten, your child will gain new or improved skills in a number of different areas, including:
- understanding how to become an effective learner
- developing and extending their communication and language skills
- building self-confidence and social skills
- building understanding of identity and culture
- learning to be creative through arts, dance and music
- developing skills in literacy and numeracy.
Research shows that two years of kindergarten also has a bigger impact on children’s long term development and health compared with one year of kindergarten, which can lead to stronger academic outcomes at school.
What to Expect
We will teach your child through a play-based curriculum. This curriculum is designed using the Early Years Learning Framework and is delivered by Bachelor Qualified Teachers. This program nurtures children’s collaboration, communication, creativity and critical thinking skills. Play-based learning makes learning active and fun for your child and helps them develop an openness to learning that lasts well into adult life.
We spend time with your child to create a learning program that supports them in developing a love for learning. See your child grow in the following areas and get a real head start for kindergarten.
- Social and Emotional Learning: Learning to understand, manage and express emotions, getting along with others and developing an understanding around making responsible decisions.
- Language and Literacy: Immersing children in oral language, print and images with opportunities to experiment with reading and writing.
- Physically Active Play: Contributes to children’s health and wellbeing and encourages children to use their large muscle groups to develop fundamental movement skills.
- STEM Education: Focuses on the four disciplines of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Creative Arts: Learning through music, painting, drawing, pretending, imagining and doing.
How to Apply
Early Start Kindergarten is available in all kindergarten programs delivered by a qualified teacher. You can enrol your child by contacting our head office.
If your child’s birthday falls between 1 January and 30 April, you will need to determine the year your child will start school to work out which year they will access Early Start Kindergarten. You have the choice of whether your child attends school in the year they turn five or six. Subsequently, they can access Early Start Kindergarten in the year they turn three or four.
For assistance in determining when your child is eligible for Early Start Kindergarten, you can contact our head office for further support.