Our Learning Spaces
Pascal’s Room4-6 years | Victorian Centres
It is our priority at Whiz Kidz Early Learning Centre to ensure that our preschoolers are equipped with the skills necessary for a smooth transition to school, but more importantly than this, is that our children’s individuality is preserved and that all of our children are provided with authentic opportunities to grow and succeed.
We have developed a unique School Readiness Program that incorporates all aspects of children’s development, not only literacy and numeracy.
Our program's activities focus on helping the children develop:
- Name writing.
- Letter and number recognition.
- Number counting.
- Maths games.
- Scientific investigations.
- Self-awareness and confidence.
- Gross motor development through physical exercise and coordination activities.
- Social development through peer interaction such as sharing and taking turns.
- Fine motor development such as scissor and pencil grip.
- Problem-solving and the development of critical thinking skills – children are challenged to debate, discuss, make sense of their surroundings and environment.
- Level of comprehension through assertive skills to question.
- Nurture or Empower independence skills – opening and use of lunch boxes, opening containers, food packs, taking responsibility to pack their bags, and taking care of their own belongings (clothes and shoes).
- Nurturing vital learning dispositions as persistence and patience when undertaking challenges to develop their sense of autonomy.
- Retaining knowledge through planned learning experiences, confidently recalling and responding to construct new meanings.
- Building and extending on children’s social, emotional and academic learning.